Training Dates: February 12th- April 18th
Location: Be Yoga Burien 636B SW 152nd St. Burien, WA 98166
Meeting Times: Fridays 6:30-9pm, Saturdays 1:30-7:30pm, Sundays 11:30am-4:30pm (subject to change slightly)
Investment: $3,500 before 12/31, $3800 after 12/31. 50% Scholarship available to BIPOC and LGBQTi folx.
In this training you will…
- Be prepared to lead a Hatha class with confidence.
- Be taught the dialogue, understanding of each asana in the Hatha series and their physical/ emotional benefits.
- The eight limbs of yoga
- Gain an understanding of the subtle/ energetic body. i.e. Chakras, Nadis/ energy channels, Breath and Bhandas
- Learn Anatomy, Alignment & how to Assist
- Gain an understanding of the five enemies that challenge us on our mat and in our life
- Learn and practice the basics of meditation/mindfulness and the connection of these within yoga or the divine union
- Gain a mastery of the Benefits of each pose in our bodies and life, as well as an understanding when and how to modify or deepen.
- And most important you will find your individual voice and your unique gift as a teacher.
Whether you aspire to teach yoga or not, this Teacher Training will transform you into taking your power, health, well-being and life and molding them into the most fulfilling, purpose driven life you can have. You will take back leadership in your life and within your community.
Becoming a certified yoga teacher will develop your confidence and prepare you to inspire others on their own path to physical and spiritual awakening as an impactful instructor.
What will be expected of you?
- A reading list will be provided and you will be expected to read!
Light on Yoga | B.K.S Iyengar, Autobiography of a yogi / Paramanhansa yogananda, Hatha Yoga pradipika / Swami Swatmarama, Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation/ by Stephen Mitchell
- Written work and 80% or higher on all tests. (we will work with you to achieve this)
- This will be physically demanding and you will be required to take classes as well as observe.
- 100% attendance ( if for some reason you cannot attend a weekend I will have a makeup weekend or work in times to try and make up for the missed hours)
WHAT TO BRING TO EACH SESSION
- 2-3 changes of yoga clothes, your yoga mat and practice towel, a water bottle and healthy snacks, a pen, your program journal and workbook (we provide these on your first day).
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Upon completion of this training, you will be an empowered yoga practitioner with the ability to teach and assist a powerful and effective Hatha yoga class. You will feel confident modifying , the ability to modify or intensifying a practice to connect with all levels of practitioners, and new communication and leadership skills.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO THE PROGRAM
Teacher Training requires a 100% commitment from you. This means arriving on time to all sessions, speaking straight and listening generously, being coachable in the moment, being curious and open to growth, and participating fully.
Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday afternoons
Feb 19th- 21st
March- 5th– 7th
This weekend off- Easter Sunday – April-2nd-4th
YOGA CHANGED MY LIFE!
At seventeen struggle was all I knew. Life hadn’t shown me much kindness or compassion. Instead it had become a constant stream of pain. I managed to hold it together. I needed to for my son. I felt like a broken windshield one stone away from being shattered. I didn’t come into the world broken—no one does. A childhood riddled with dysfunction and sexual abuse left scars on my psyche and had tainted what I now know, is the most valuable asset I have—my self-worth
I owe my life to an unlikely source—Madonna. As a child of the eighties, she was everything I wanted to be- strong, confident and beautiful and she did yoga. So, I decided I should do yoga too.
My first experience on the mat was Traditional Ashtanga, 23 years ago and I can say with assuredness that was the day I stepped onto my Path to Freedom. My teacher had warned me that yoga had side effects she said, “Yoga will heal your body and your life and you won’t be able eat McDonald’s anymore.” I had no idea just how prophetic that statement was.
Having spent most of my life in survival mode, self-medicating just to make it through the day with drugs, alcohol. Anxiety and panic attacks were something I decided were a part of life.
But, through the practice of yoga, I found myself. Yoga forced me to sit with myself. To find comfort in the uncomfortable. To rely on my breath to get me through. The mantra “This too shall pass.” would sometimes be the only thing that got me through the vigorous 90 min practice aside from looking forward to savasana. I found peace with myself and my circumstances. I tuned into the blessings in my life and started to change my story from victim to the person who overcame.
It wasn’t overnight. I never put it down or took a break and yoga eventually became the only medicine I needed. It fixed everything.
Then, as if I had spent my whole life sitting in a dark room unaware that light even existed yoga turned on a light within me. About twelve years ago I realized how many other people were just like me. Stuck in the dark. I made it my life goal to shine the light of yoga and healing on as many people as I could. Now I am the Author of “The Path to Freedom Your guide to living the life of your dreams,” a Life Coach, inspirational speaker and Yoga teacher. I guide people into their own self-discovery everyday through yoga and meditation. I lead yoga retreats and because of yoga I can now say “I am living the life I love and loving the life I live”.