WHO IS LITT?
- LiTT is an organization that recognizes the power of love to heal and overcome adversity. With a focus on woman and children who have been or are currently being compromised and are feeling trapped by their circumstances and have developed patterns of negative thinking, low self esteem, unhealthy lifestyles, addictions or abuse, we wish to provide them with the tools to change their thinking, shift their consciousness and heal their lives through the “Realizing Your Dreams” programs
- Having come from abusive relationships, addictions, sex-trafficking, lack of self worth, incarceration I not only relate to and understand the feeling of “Me against the world” and how dreaming about a better life gets lost when you are concerned about your next meal. The very programs I am offering to these woman are the same things that saved my life and pulled me from the trenches into a life filled with joy, infinite abundance, love and happiness!
HOW DO WE INTEND TO DO THIS?
- Teaching Mindfulness through meditation and breathing practices
- Give tools for healing old wounds and breaking harmful subconscious patterns through the realizing your dreams program
- Continue a relationship where they have access to classes either online or in person to continue to reinforce the tools they are learning to use… Ultimately elevate consciousness through love, community and connection
THE PROBLEM AS WE SEE IT
- Lack of rehabilitation programs
- It is easy to fall into the system (jail, sex-trafficking, Drugs, abuse, poverty, lack, fear) and very difficult to find your way out.
- People stuck in survival rarely have the means or extra money to spend on healing, inspiring, empowering or educating themselves towards a better life
Almost half of the women in the nation's jails and prisons say they were physically or sexually abused before their imprisonment, according to a report released by the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics on April 11. A third of the women in state prisons, a quarter in local jails and a fifth of the women in federal prisons said they had been raped before their incarceration.
Women in the nation's prisons and jails reported higher levels of abuse as children than women in the general population. More than a third of female state prison and jail inmates said that they had been abused as children, as did about 14 percent of male inmates. The report noted that in the general population, estimates of physical or sexual abuse as children ranged from 12 to 17 percent for females.
For prisoners who had spent part of their childhoods in foster care, the rate of abuse was even higher. 87% of the female prisoners who had spent the majority of their childhood in foster care or institutions reported abuse. Many of them may have been removed from abusive homes.
The new study draws a strong link between prior abuse and violent crime. Among female offenders, 45 percent of the abused and 29 percent not abused had served a sentence for a violent crime.
A history of substance abuse was also higher among inmates who reported an abusive background. Illegal drug use and regular drinking were more common among abused state prison inmates than among those who said they had not been abused. 80 percent of the abused women had used illegal drugs regularly, Of those state prisoners who had grown up with a parent or guardian who drank heavily or used drugs regularly, 76 percent of the females reported abuse.
- Offering a program that gives these women tools to heal from their abuse and gain a renewed sense of value, self-love and ultimately heal their thinking and habits. We want to assist them in living their highest and best potential through the proven results of the realizing your dreams program.
- Eventually We hope to provide a place of refuge where they will be able to remove themselves from their old life while going through the transformational program.
- We will not only provide these things in person we intend to create an online refuge as well (a place where they can download free guided meditations and realizing your dreams courses along with inspiration and positive thinking)
I know quite intimately what it is like to live in incarceration both physically and mentally. My past is riddled with sexual, physical and emotional abuse. I was homeless at 15 and a mother at 17. I lived in the “me against the world” mentality. I thought that the world sucked and everyday was a battle to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. I was an easy target for the sex industry and found myself trapped within the system. I owed approx. $13,000 in fines and everyday was a battle to just stay afloat.
Then I found yoga. I had read yoga philosophy and became curious about the practice of asana. It has been over 20 years since my first class and yoga not only healed my body, but my mind and spirit as well. As I began the process of self realization through breath, meditation and yoga I started to do the inevitable and elevate my consciousness. I began to emerge as someone new and this new person had new eyes to view the world. I began to see a world where there was joy and peace and love. The more I experienced love the less time I had to live in fear. Read more about this journey here
With my new eyes I looked at friends, colleagues that I left behind (those who were still stuck in this old world) and as the gap between us grew I became curious “what was the difference between us?” That was when I began building the program I refer to as “Realizing Your Dreams” Read more about Realizing your Dreams by clicking HERE
READ ABOUT THE FOUNDERS BELOW.
Debbie is an author, mother, intuitive life-coach and a twenty year student of philosophy , yoga and meditation who lives her life in service choosing to live each day under the mantra—”Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu” which translates to “May all beings everywhere know love and happiness and may the thoughts words and actions of myself in some way contribute to this happiness and freedom for all.”
It was this mantra that inspired her to create an organization on the platform of love.
Wanting to put an end to all the needless suffering on the planet and realign people with the power of love to heal, reveal and resolve she has chosen to lead by example in an effort to prove that success can be achieved while leaving the world a better place.
She found her partners who also fostered the same beliefs and lived life under the umbrella of love and they came together and created LITT- love is the truth/ fear is a lie says, a company that believes we should love thy neighbor as you love yourself with no exceptions and we could abolish fear and separation and bestow happiness and freedom to all the beings while healing our beautiful planet…
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
We have a dream to wake the world up to a renewed connection consciousness. We want to create a movement to abolish separation so we can know our true nature- unconditional love. We wish to spread our message in hopes that it will awaken each person it touches to the truth that there is nothing other than love and love is the creative power of the universe.
WHAT IS OUR VISION?
We intend to facilitate, plan, create and deliver consciousness events (Shows, Festivals, workshops and conferences) these visceral events are designed to awaken and inspire people to the Truth about love and the power of light. We intend to bring the medicine through many different modalities such as music, performance, spoken word and inspirational and informative talks.
We will promote and create podcasts and videos from these events and use them to spread awareness that reveal this truth. We would like all of the proceeds of each event to go towards funding a Get Litt conference.
We can still see a world that we are all moving towards where there's connection and oneness where we support one another regardless of differences where diversity is celebrated... We see people from all different Origins, income levels, skin colors, races, sexual preferences and sexes coming together to stand for Unity this is how our great nation was built and how it will continue to thrive!
THE GOAL-THE BIG EVENT
This will be a weekend with Yoga, Meditation, performances, and inspirational speakers all in the name of charity. The Gett litt performances are essentially just fund raisers and awareness towards the movement of the revolution of love we are creating. The BIG event will leave people shifted, transformed and motivated to make a difference in their community. We want to inspire people towards community, connection and finding a common dream. (Think Ted Talks to elevate consciousness to a level that can pull someone out of poverty, lack, scarcity and fear and catapult them into a life of love, freedom, peace and JOY.
We recognize this is a turbulent time and it is hard to find our peaceful center amidst the chaos... however at the same time it is absolutely critical that we do! I know we are capable of cultivating the miracle and turning this chaos into forward movement... we are motivated to bring about real change! Our nemesis right now isn't a human being as much as it is our own fear, separation or anger/hate... we can allow those things to motivate us towards change but the change can only happen by overcoming the fear with the desire tear down walls, reconnect, support and love one another
The LITT Manifesto...
Change your vibration change your life- vibrate LOVE
Always ask yourself What would you do differently today if you knew it wouldn’t fail?" then do it!
Failure doesn't exist in Love it can only manifest in fear Get LITT on love
Careful what you wish for- the universe is always listening
Think twice before you think- because thoughts become your reality run your thoughts, words and actions through the filter of love it just might change your life when you know love and be love you will finally be able to see love as freely as you give love is as freely as you will receive love
It's simple- Everything is love because love is the truth
Love is the creative power in the universe Separation is fear and fear is a lie love without conditions and know love is the truth
Align your body mind and spirit with love and you will know the joy of being alive Your only guarantee is this breath why waste it in fear, when you can live it in love
Know that you are love and everything else is a lie If you are in fear you are living a lie… know love and know the truth
* We are all one-remember this and love everyone and everything as if it is a piece of you you can’t really know yourself until you have known your heart. It is the door to the infinite, the access point to understanding the whole universe